Trim Wheel Pro Setup Instructions
The Flight Velocity Trim Wheel Pro is fully compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, X-Plane, Prepar3D, FSX, and the Redbird Jay! It has the exact form factor as the Logitech/Saitek throttle quadrant so it fits right into your existing setup. In fact, it has the same mounting holes as these units which means that it's compatible with all of our panels as well as the Logitech/Saitek mounting brackets.
Instructions for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020:
Click Options >Controls
Select "Flight Velocity Trim Wheel/Pro"
- Search for "Elevator Trim" in the box on the left
Select Elevator Trim Axis (-100 to 100%)
Under "Select an input" choose "Joystick Slider X", then click "Validate"
Move the trim wheel and verify that the white bar moves with it, then hit "Apply & Save"
Installation instructions for X-Plane 11
Plug in the trim wheel and launch X-Plane 11.
If you see the following screen, click understood and move on.
Next, click settings and you'll be taken to this screen.
Choose "Elevator Trim" from the dropdown
Once selected, when you move the trim wheel, the blue bar under the drop down will move at the wheel is moved.
Click done, and you're done!
Installation instructions for the Redbird Jay Flight Simulator
- Boot up system
- Load a flight on the system.
- Once loaded, pause the flight (F12)
- Plug in the Flight Velocity Trim Wheel Pro in the USB on the back of the system.
- Bring down the menu bar at the top of the simulation screen (Alt key).
- On the menu bar, select Options -> Settings.
- Navigate to the Controls section of the menu.
- Navigate to the Axes tab.
- Clear/Delete any default mappings (select an item, then click "Remove Assignment"
- Map the controls/axes to the functions you'd like them to perform. E.G.:
- Select Elevator Trim axis/line
- Click New Assignment
- Physically move the Elevator Trim (in either direction)
- You should see a "Slider" (or another letter axis) appear in the Assignment window.
- Click on the Calibration tab
- Adjust the "Sensitivity" and "Null Zone" sliders according to your preferences.
Enjoy your flight!