FV11 Setup and Installation Instructions
1. Remove the 6 screws on the top of the yoke then, using those screws, mount the panel to the top of the yoke.
2. Using the 5 included Philips head screws, mount the monitor to the panel. Then connect the HDMI and USB/power cables. See notes below
3. Run the USB cable through the panel from behind, then plug in the Knobster. Next, using the 4 included hex bolts and nuts , mount the knobster to the panel.
A note about the monitor connections:
Connect the HDMI cable between the monitor and your computer, then connect the USB-C to USB-A cable between the port on the monitor labeled "power" and an available powered USB port either directly on your computer or hub. If the monitor flashes on and off, you DO NOT have enough power to run the unit - find another USB port that does.
Downloading and Installing Air Manager:
You can download the Air Manager software and their flight simulator plugin installer app from Sim Innovations' website here:
- Download Air Manager: https://www.siminnovations.com/wiki/index.php?title=Air_Manager_4.x_Installation
- Purchase an Air Manager license (required): https://www.siminnovations.com/buy/product/65-air-manager-4-home-use
- Download the Flight Simulator Plugin Installer (required): https://www.siminnovations.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flight_Simulator_Plugins_Installation
Calibrating the touchscreen:
- Search for "Control Panel" in the Windows 10 search bar, and launch the control panel app. This is NOT the control panel found under the gear icon in the windows start menu!
- Click on "Hardware and Sound"
- Then under Tablet PC Settings, click on "Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input"
- Next, in the resulting dialog box, click the Setup button. Follow the steps, and when done, click "Ok" to dismiss the dialog box.
- Following this procedure lets windows know which screens are touchscreens and where it should display the touch inputs.