Flight Velocity Pro Series Model 4 Installation and Setup
Install the panel and flight controls:
- To install the panel, place it on your desk or table with the baseplate flush to the front edge of the desk.
- Then with the Honeycomb mounting bracket installed on both the Alpha and Bravo, slide each unit through the holes in the panel and clamp firmly in place.
- Next, mount the touchscreens to the main panel from behind using the included brackets and hardware. Connect the HDMI cables between each monitor and your computer, then connect the USB-C to USB-A cables between the port on the monitors labeled "power" and an available powered USB port either directly on your computer or hub. If the monitors are flashing on and off, you DO NOT have enough power to run them - find another USB port that does.
- Then pass the USB cable for the Knobster through the panel, plug it into the Knobster, and attach the unit to the panel with the included hardware.
- Lastly, plug the LED lights into an available USB port.
Downloading and Installing Air Manager:
You can download the Air Manager software and their flight simulator plugin installer app from Sim Innovations' website here:
- Download Air Manager: https://www.siminnovations.com/wiki/index.php?title=Air_Manager_4.x_Installation
- Purchase an Air Manager license (required): https://www.siminnovations.com/buy/product/65-air-manager-4-home-use
- Download the Flight Simulator Plugin Installer (required): https://www.siminnovations.com/wiki/index.php?title=Flight_Simulator_Plugins_Installation
Calibrating the touchscreens:
By default, Windows won't always know where to show touch inputs. for example, if you add two touch screens to your computer that already has a main monitor, chances are that the touch inputs from either of the two touch screens will appear on the main screen, rather than on the screen you're actually touching.
Here's how to fix this issue:
- Search for "Control Panel" in the Windows 10 search bar, and launch the control panel app. This is NOT the control panel found under the gear icon in the windows start menu!
- Click on "Hardware and Sound"
- Then under Tablet PC Settings, click on "Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input"
- Next, in the resulting dialog box, click the Setup button. Follow the steps, and when done, click "Ok" to dismiss the dialog box.
- Following this procedure lets windows know which screens are touchscreens and where it should display the touch inputs.
If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us at support [at] flight velocity dot com.